The First Dance is a tradition that deserves to be the main attraction of the reception, so choosing the perfect song is of the upmost importance. The song should reflect the feelings and personality of the couple and it may also have reference to their perceived future. The song is often leads into the open dance format of the evening and can help set the mood for the remainder of the reception.
Here are a few suggestions for your consideration:
• Perfect – Ed Sheeran + Andrea Bocelli
• 10,000 Hours – Dan + Shay, Justin Bieber
• Beautiful Crazy – Luke Combs
• Conversations in the Dark – John Legend
• I’ll Be Around – Garrett Kato
• Greatest Love Story – Lanco
• Love You To The Moon – Kip Moore
• Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
• When You Say Nothing At All – Alison Krauss
• Faithfully – Journey
• Just You and I (Accoustic Version) – Tom Walker
• Heaven – Bryan Adams
• Johnoy Danao – Songbird
• Who I am With You – Chris Young
• Lost in this Moment – Big & Rich
• All of Me – John legend
• Yours – Russell Dickerson
• Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
• Amazed – Lonestar
• I Wanna Grow Old With You – Adam Sandler
• I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
• My, My Love – Joshua Radin
• Bless the Broken Road – Rascal Flatts
• My Life – The Beatles
Hopefully this can help give you some direction in your search. Another option is to search Spotify, or your favorite music streaming service, with the songs above and see what direction it takes you. It possible you will find your perfect song and it me be an alternate to the main stream.
There is no right or wrong, the song(s) needs to reflect your personalities and your thoughts on your love for one another on your special day.
Let your Wedding DJ know the exact version of the song you are after to avoid any surprises or confusion the day.