Choosing the best Wedding DJ for your event will make your special day memorable for years to come.
It is recommend that you interview at least 3 DJ’s to get a good comparison and who you think suits your expectations on your special day.
It is best to book your Wedding DJ well in advance as the good DJ’s will often be the ones that will be booked first. Take your time with the interview, ask questions that are important to you and we have some suggestions below.
- Are you available on our wedding date?
- Can you play at the Ceremony?
- Have you performed at the reception venue before?
- How long do you need to set up?
- Do you have back up equipment if something goes wrong?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- Can you play throughout the entire reception?
- Can you take on the role of Master of Ceremonies?
- Can we use your microphone for the speeches? Is it wireless?
- Will you personally be the DJ for our wedding, or will it be one of your colleagues?
- What is included in your cost?
- What deposit do we need to pay and when?
- When do we need to settle the bill?
- What do you charge for overtime?
- Do you charge for travel etc?
- Would you prefer that food / drinks to be provided?
- How long have you been a wedding DJ?
- How many weddings do you do in a normal year?
- What other types of events do you perform at?
- Do you have a recent reviews we can view?
- Do you have photos of the set up options you have?
- Do you have specialist music genre or do you offer a wide range of genres?
- What makes you a better choice than other wedding DJ’s?
- How do you motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing?
- Do you do guest requests?
- Can we have some input into the play list?
- When do we need to send you our ‘please play’ and ‘do not play’ lists?
- Can you play music to suit our wedding theme?
- How do you keep your music collection up to date?
- What type of music will you play during your breaks?
- Do you play group interaction songs such as the Nutbush?
- What styles of music will you play during different parts of the reception?
DJ’s and set up appearance
- What will you wear on the day?
- What lighting will you bring with you and will it fit with our theme?
- What size is the equipment you will bring with you?
- How will your equipment look at the venue; can we see photos?
It is not necessary to ask all these questions but defiantly pick ones that are relevant to you.
Be sure you feel like the DJ is sincere and can fulfill your needs and not just make a booking.
The entertainment sets the mood and entertainment for the day so it is important to choose wisely.